Saturday, February 6, 2016

8 letters

8 letters is "I love you"

8 soft taps on your neck as I breathe into your mouth.

You don't seem to notice as you breathe deep into my soul... As I silently confess my love through only touch...

8 letters.

8 letters is "I miss you"

8 times I tried to reach you but only emptiness on the other side... The vacancy of our long goodbye in my mind. I guess it wasn't so long in yours.

8 times you hurt me without even knowing it... I miss you... I hate to say I miss the way it hurt.

8 things I regret. Things that could have saved it all. Things that could have kept everything the same if I had only used my mind before my mouth.

8 letters...

8 letters is "bullcrap"

8 stupid mistakes I made that can never be undone. 8 letters was the time we lasted... 8 times it was my fault... 8 letters... The whole time... I should have known that it was over when you forgot me. That your heart was never mine, but mine was always yours. I should have known... 8 letters...

I love you... I miss you... But it was all a silly lie... It was all bullcrap.

Now...

I just need to be stronger than ever before.

I'll make it. Just you wait.

........
carsyn 

8 comments:

  1. "I just need to be stronger than ever before.

    I'll make it. Just you wait"

    Empowering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate to say I miss the way it hurt
    #stolen

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES the repeating 8 all the way through out is powerful. So cool. Chills.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This makes me want to change my favorite number to 8

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete